Saturday, January 10, 2009

NEW YEAR DEVASTATION - A FRIEND ARRESTED IN A SEX AND NARCOTIC PARTY

On January 01, 2009, 26 people were arrested in a sex party at a hotel in KL. When nine were tested positive for ecstasy and ketamine, the case was handed over to the Narcotics Department the next day. One of them was my classmate back in primary school. I was sleeping when my mom called to break the dreadful news to me. I got extremely shocked and speechless. I just met her in September last year in a reunion. After hearing the news I couldn’t stop thinking how things could go up to that extent and what I can do in my position to fix the situation. Later, I found myself writing this.

In my opinion, this kind of immoral act is not something new. It has started since the time of Adam when the Satan made a promise to mislead the human race and is still continuing until today. This is stated in Surah Al-A’raf, 7:16-17.

Iblis said: “Because you have sent me astray, surely I will sit in wait against them (Human beings) on Your Straight Path. Then I will come to them from before them and behind them, from their right and from their left, and You will not find most of them as thankful ones (i.e. they will not be dutiful to You).”

None of us is free from this reality. Therefore in whatever we do, we either in favor of the satan or against him.

People do not straight away go to sex parties. They start by involving in minor decadents first and progress from there. I feel that everyone contributes directly or indirectly to this matter as well as other social problems. Today, majority of people still oppose sex party and drug abuse. Yet majority of people also agree with a lot of things that can contribute to these acts. We may respond with anger and disgust towards free sex, consumption of drugs, out-of-wedlock pregnancy and subsequent abortion but we accept minor version of such acts like wearing sexy outfits, mingling around without boundaries between people of opposite sex, consuming alcohol and smoking. These contradictions in thoughts and actions have made all the efforts put forward to curb social crises fail terribly. It is just like treating the symptoms of a disease without treating its underlying cause, the disease is progressing still.

I belief what has happened is another wake up call for everyone to get back on the right track. The above contradictions and the resulting confusion have to end. We cannot draw the lines between the dos and don’ts ourselves according to our own thinking or the majority else we will go astray as stated in Surah Al-An’aam, 6:116.

“And if you obey most of those on earth, they will mislead you far away from Allah’s Path. They follow nothing but conjectures, and do nothing but lie.”

The dos and don’ts have been told clearly by the One that knows everything about us through Quran and Sunnah for us to follow. For that reason, we need to live our lives in accordance to these two completely without being picky about it.

Ignoring this issue is like waiting for the mounting social illnesses to get to us and the people we are close to. Usually, news like this comes from foreign countries or strangers from our own country but here my own friend is involved, a friend that used to struggle together with me and other friends to get good grades in order to achieve our dreams. This is indeed devastating. So let’s do what we should do before similar problems get to us and our beloved.

1 comment:

krel_themagnificent said...

nice writing,comment n description.. insaf...